The Utah Blogger Conference started out a lot like a blog: informal, slow, and a little disorganized, but once it got going, there was a lot of energy. I noticed a lot of informal conversations happening as the conference organizers were setting up and those are likely to prove as useful as anything else.
After the panel, the time was given over to networking and there were lots of people chatting in small groups. One of the people I met was Kaylyn Denny, who writes a food blog. She promised me she'd comment on the food at the conference (Godfather's pizza).
All in all, this was a great start. Phil and Ryan did a good job--afterall, the food and t-shirt were free. What more could you ask for? I'm anxious to see what happens next.
Some other coverage:
- Gary Thornock has some notes from the panel.
- Charley Foster has pictures and commentary.
- Dee Taylor has picts as well.
- Scott Lemon has notes.
- And Kaylyn did blog about the food!
- Move coverage from Janet (newspapergrl)
- Tim Stay takes on the issue of local communities--something that came up on the panel.
- Jospeh Hall also has some comments on the conference and the food.