- 51.6% of people who listen to podcasts pay their bills online
- 24.6% have participated in online job searches
6.6% of adults have downloaded a podcast and the the 18-24 age range is twice as likely as the average adult to download podcasts. Apple users are more likely to download podcasts as Windows users.
Our own data at IT Conversations shows the following about our listeners:
- 90% male
- 80% age 30 or older
- 23% age 50 or older
- 40% have a Masters degree or higher
- 40% with household incomes of $100,000 or more
- 48% live outside of the U.S.
This differs in some significant ways from the Nielsen data; our audience is older, more educated, and more affluent that your standard podcast listener. The difference can likely be explained by the type of shows we produce.
We're always looking for new material to put on IT Conversations. If you've been to a great conference you think other IT Conversations listeners would enjoy or just know someone who would be a great guest on one of our series, please let me know.