A while ago Christian Gray asked a number of people (Joe Andrieu, Tony Winders, Mike Reid, Michael Lodge, William Hayes, Richard Weddle, Scott Lemon, me and Ian Palmer) to send him a list of Web sites and applications that they found valuable. Here's the list (in no particular order):
- http://www.kiva.org -- microloans, loans that change lives
- http://www.linkedin.com - professional social networking (free and premium) - best way to leverage your professional network
- http://www.getfriday.com -- virtual assistant, we first read about them in the book The World Is Flat
- http://www.ning.com -- start your own social network/project group today, very easy for non-techs
- http://www.google.com/alerts + http://www.google.com/reader - stay on top of info in an automated fashion
- http://www.zemanta.com - automatic links, associated photos, related articles and tags for your blog
- http://www.zoho.com - Online apps for business. Free for individuals. Small fees for business.
- http://www.twitter.com -- if you don't know about
- http://www.tweetdeck.com -- makes twitter easier to manage/use
- http://www.helpareporter.com -- get you quoted in news stories and position you as the expert
Christian has a list of all the contributions on his site.