I know, they may take away my Apple Fanboy membership card. But the iPhone 4 that came yesterday hasn't blown me away. Here's my initial thoughts:
- The camera is better and the flash is nice. But it's still a phone camera, not a real camera.
- The screen is much clearer than my iPhone 3Gs, but not so much that it enables cool new things. .
- The glass back looks like one more thing to break.
- Facetime was fun the one time I did it. I'd probably do it a lot with my kids if they were little. Now, not so much.
- It doesn't seem any snappier, although it might be technically faster
Part of the problem is that most of the really cool stuff is in the OS and I already had iOS 4 on my 3Gs. That makes the hardware less stunning. Bottom line: I like looking at it and marveling at it's beauty, but my life hasn't changed.
Buying advice: if you're on a first or second generation iPhone, upgrade--it's worth it. If you've got a 3Gs, be sure you really have to have it before you order.