Digital Identity Framework
Digital identity can be discussed in the context of a set of concepts that provide a framework for addressing the important issues involved in developing an organizational identity management strategy.
The following sections provide reference to information about each area in the framework. At first, these are mostly reference to standards documents and articles about standards in each area. I hope to add other references about the general problem areas as well in the future.
Understanding Digital Identity
Identity Management Architectures
- XML Signature Working Group
- An Introduction to XML Digital Signatures, Ed Simon, Paul Madsen, Carlisle Adams, O'Reilly xml.com, August 8, 2001.
- An Introduction to XML Encryption and XML Signature, Murdoch Mactaggart, IBM Developer Works, September 1, 2001.
- Understanding XML Digital Signature, Rich Salz, Microsoft Developer Network, July, 2003.
Integrity and non-repudiation
- XML Encryption Working Group
- Exploring XML Encryption, Part 1, Bilal Siddiqui, IBM Developer Works, March 1, 2002.
- Exploring XML Encryption, Part 2 , Bilal Siddiqui , IBM Developer Works, August, 2002.
- Trust Management on the WWW, Rohit Khare and Adam Rifkin, First Monday, Volume 3, No. 6, June 1998.
- Single Sign-On Simplicity with SAML, Jon Byous
- Identity, Security, and XML Web Services, Jorgen Thelin, OReilly Emerging Technology Conference Talk. February 2003.
- Security Assertion Mark-up Language, Marc Chanliau, SIMC General Meeting, February 2002.
Authentication and authorization
- SPML and Its Importance, Gavenraj Sodhi, Interoperability Summit, Orlando FL, June 2002.
- OpenSPML, An open source software toolkit for SPML
- XACML: A New Standard Protects Content in Enterprise Data Exchange, Sun Developer Web Site
Authorization policy representation and management
- Primer: Federated Identity Management by David Carr (Baseline Magazine)
DIDM ROI article
Last Modified: Friday, 31-Dec-2004 19:45:52 MST