- Alpha geeks use shells
- Alpha geeks use text-editors like BBEdit, vi, and emacs
- Alpha geeks try every application, but usually end up back with editors and email. They don't trust complicated apps.
- Private, secret blogs and RSS are taking the place of todo.txt files and email alerts.
- Alpha geeks write scripts to take apart dull, repetitive tasks
- All alpha geeks back up. They've all learned the lesson.
- Alpha geeks make their ideas public, but hide their scripts.
This says what they do, but Danny also offered insights into why, which are somewhat surprising. Read the notes.