Here are the most popular articles from Technometria in the fourth quarter of 2005 and the percentage of all page views they accounted for:
- Video iPod and Tivo - 6.41%
- How to Start a Blog - 5.25%
- Using VLC to Create iPod Ready Video - 3.77%
- Did You Know? DVD-R vs. DVD+R - 3.32%
- Ruby on Rails (OSCON 2005 Tutorial) - 2.57%
Two of these, the one on starting a blog and the Ruby tutorial, were in August's most popular posts as well. As you'd expect all of these are fairly well placed on Google.
Also, Internet Explorer continues to see a steady decline in market share, at least among readers of Technometria. As you can see in the graph to the right, IE garners 56% of the visits and Firefox has passed 30%. During the first few months of 2005, IE had 58% and Firefox was edging toward 28%. A 2% point gain may not be the end of the world, but the steady erosion is interesting.