The eVoting panel went well (at least I thought so). While I couldn't blog it, several other people did. Here is Ross Mayfield's entry.
I think the summary of the panel would be:
- The current systems and process leave a lot to be desired.
- But, they're not going away.
- So techies need to be involved to solve the problem.
Here's some ideas about how to get involved:
- Start with your county clerk and find out what election system your county uses and how it is certified. What issues do they face? Is there a way you can help them?
- Meet with someone in the state election's office. Ask them the same questions. What is the certification process is your State?
- Engage your legislators. Send them an email and ask to meet with them. Help them understand the issues surrounding eVoting so that they're educated.