- Open API Ecosystems - A nice set of slides from John Musser
- Reality Check - America must get out of the way so Israelis and Palestinians can see clearly, without any obstructions, what reckless choices their leaders are making.
- China's Army of Graduates Struggles for Jobs - Villagers who will work in China's factories are in demand, but many college graduates seeking professional jobs find their value plunging.
- Out of Our Brains - From Andy Clarke who wrote Natural Born Cyborgs
- Did you use one of these 10 most overused buzzwords in your LinkedIn profile this year? -
- Treesaver shows HTML5 can hold its own against Flipboard-style design - Three cheers for HTML5
- My biases (why I was a jerk to AllMyApps); my Leweb roundup - "In the past year I have yet to find one that's loaded anything new in the past six months. "
- How to organize a retreat -
- Should NCAA Rule Infractions Be Crimes? - Over-reaching prosecuters are the worst kind of abuse of state power.
- River of News, consuming a JSONP data feed -
- Three Hackers Arrested in Wake of DDOS Attacks - Just because there's a war on for the Internet doesn't mean the enemy is smart or sophisticated.
- Using sparkcasts to enhance step-by-step instructions - Nice tutorial from Jon Udell
- Data leak embarrasses Colorado sheriff, terrifies informants - From my experience as Utah's CIO, most jurisdictions have very limited IT support. This is becoming more and more threatening.
- Email with Brewster - Our online data is at the mercy of hosting providers. Yahoo?'s decision to shutter Delicious.com is a prime example.
- The Dirty Truth About Web Passwords - They suck. And that's the truth.
- Ripley's Believe it Or Not - Amazing photo of the Kopp-Etchells Effect
- Education: Investment Versus Spending -
- Delicious Shutting Down: How To Save Your Bookmarks -
- A Boost for the Managed Economy -
- Right versus wrong bubble size - A common mistake in creating bubble graphs
- Why I Am Glad That I Gave "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" a 2nd Chance - My sister's blog
- R.I.P. Delicious: You Were So Beautiful to Me (Marshall Kirkpatrick/ReadWriteWeb) -
- Saving del.icio.us - "Find a way to host your data in a place where you're seen as a customer, where there is a sufficient revenue to operate"
- "At Apple you can get fired for saying K48" - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech - Amazing insider trading case.
Readings for December 12, 2010
Please leave comments using the Hypothes.is sidebar.
Last modified: Thu Oct 10 12:47:19 2019.