- The AirPlay Network - I follow the news now on Twitter, not the TV. Real-time is real.
- 16 Ways Your Startup Needs To Be Getting Customers by Jason L. Baptiste - Like the idea of conferences.
- Eight Lessons from the life and work of Jack LaLanne - Bootstrapping
- Apple Plans Service That Lets Users Pay With IPhones - Near field communication => General-purpose RFID impersonators
- Explore your LinkedIn network visually with InMaps - I explored mine in some detail in the previous blog post.
- Why 3D doesn't work and never will. Case closed. from Roger Ebert's Journal - I felt like Chicken Little with my dislike for 3D, but I guess I'm in pretty good company.
- When do you pick HBase instead of MySQL? - Facebook's NoSQL entry
- Peer Instruction for Seeing What Students Know (and Don't) - Asking questions and giving time to work out the answers in class pays big dividends in learning.
- Google Shake-Up Knocks $300 Million Off Schmidt's Stake - Don't cry for Eric, he's still worth billions and now has some time to enjoy it.
- How the Internet (Our 21st Century Printing Press) Can and Must Transform Universities - Applying new media to university communities
- Seven ways to think like the web - Love these simple rules
- Day 38 -- Evolution Of Advanced Hello World App - Mike Grace keeps going with his app-a-day posts
- \tSandstrom bill runs into some turbulence - Sandstrom's [immigration] bill only has 15 to 20 votes in the House. It takes 38 votes to get a bill
- FBI goes after Anonymous for pro-WikiLeaks DDoS attacks - Anonymous isn't
- Support for the disconnected of Egypt - "On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather."
- Withings WiFi body scale review: weight data and cool graphs - Data about us finding it's way online and life logging is big business
- Invertible Syntax Descriptions: Unifying Parsing and Pretty Printing - As someone who has spent too much time writing pretty printers, I like this idea
- Microformats and RDFa deployment across the Web - "These results make me optimistic that the Semantic Web is here already in large ways."
- Egyptian Government Attacks Egypt's Internet - They must be suffering major economic repercussions over this. Egypt isn't North Korea--their business depends heavily on the 'Net.
- At Apple, the Platform Is the Engine of Growth - Nice look into Apple's product strategy
- This Valley Bubble is Not of Valuation, but Optimism - Louis Gray argues that there's no bubble, move along...
- Al Jazeera in Egypt is cable's 'Sputnik moment' - The message cable should be getting is not just "carry Al Jazeera," but "normalize to the Internet."
- Learning from our Mistakes: The Failure of OpenID, AtomPub and XML on the Web - On the other hand, sites like StackOverflow have made great hay with OpenID, maybe because they cater to geeks?
Reading for February 1, 2011
Please leave comments using the Hypothes.is sidebar.
Last modified: Thu Oct 10 10:47:19 2019.